My name is Rick Freyre and I am the Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager here at Effective Minds in New York . I wanted to see if I could quickly network with you to see if you or anyone you know might be a good fit for this role I'm trying to fill. If you or anyone you know is a good fit and interested, please send me an updated resume as soon as possible as our client is looking to move quickly.
Here is the profile:
Project Manager (Compliance Focused)
Company: High Profile Financial Services Firm
Location: New York , NY
Type of role: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Compensation: Open DOE
Objective: This position is a part of Business Solutions team, which focuses on the business side of application development. The Business Solutions team works on all of our software applications, and participates in key long term development projects. As a whole, this team is responsible for product design, testing, release notes, and improving the overall Development and Quality Assurance process.
Functional Responsibilities: This individual will be responsible for the program management of a number of compliance initiatives, and will serve as a relationship manager with the Compliance Department for the program. This individual may also directly manage one or more of the initiatives in the program. This individual will work closely with the business, sponsors, product management, business analysts, and with the application development teams, throughout the development lifecycle of each initiative. Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
- Utilizes a structured project management methodology.
- Knowledge of industry tools and terminology.
- Concurrent management of multiple moderate to highly complex projects of various durations.
- Projects will be application development or infrastructure related.
- Assists in developing/document ing project requirements and moves these requirements through the estimation and approval process
- Creates the project plan with deliverables and tasks.
- Executes the plan and supports the project from initiation through delivery and post project review.
- Updates supporting tracking systems as needed (e.g. Primavera) with all relevant project data.
- Works effectively with the engineering process being utilized for the project, software development or infrastructure projects. (e.g. IDP software development
- Identifies and monitor risks to the project timeline and ensure risks and issues are communicated to team members, sponsors, and stakeholders; contribute feedback to functional managers for project team performance.
- Reviews risks/issues with the project team to determine potential resolutions.
- Escalates when appropriate to senior management.
- Reports on status of project accurately and timely including key issues, delays in timelines, and timely escalation to key stakeholders and sponsors.
- Facilitates effective communication within the team by being respectful, reasonable, building productive working relationships and engaging people in participative planning. Ability to customize the communication method for the individual and the situation. Effectively communicates status to all levels of management and resolves issues by demonstrating strong relationship management skills.
- Maintain focus on the customer throughout the project lifecycle to include effective communication and planning with the customer
- Facilitates scope definition of project with key stakeholders and team members.
- Facilitates breaking project into work packages with appropriate team members.
- Drive team to make decisions in a timely manner; define and manage resource needs and project schedule.
- Facilitate identification and management of change.
- Incorporates financial management into the project management lifecycle to enable approval and track the project budget.
- BS or BA degree, preferably in business, technology or equivalent.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years project management experience.
- Solid understanding of the PMBOK Project Lifecycle.
- Expert use of Microsoft Office and Project applications and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership, mentoring and people management skills.
- Team development and facilitation skills.
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
- IT experience, specifically within the financial services industry a plus.
If you feel this is not a good fit for you, please forward it to someone who you think would like to hear about it.
Thank you in advance for your time as I know it's valuable.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager
(858) 964-4505 Direct
(858) 272-9348 Fax
Thursday, October 22, 2009
[itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - Efective Minds
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 7:34 AM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (789)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
- ► 2010 (2984)
10/18 - 10/25
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Trdg Ops Sys Ldrs - NY - to...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - Fin Svcs - NYC - AIG
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr BA/QA - NYC - AVP Level p...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Consultant Liason - Fin Svcs...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: Symantec Tech Days Tour -...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1790[2 Attachments]
- [WNO] Digest Number 349[2 Attachments]
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 389
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Oracle Peoplesoft Programmer O...
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Oracle E Bus PM - NJ - to 12...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Oracle dev/Sftwr Dev/PM - Br...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Mgr Apps Dev - Brklyn - to 1...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Dir CRM - No NJ - to 150k
- [CNG] Digest Number 1789
- [WNO] Digest Number 348
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 388
- [itroundtable] Work from Home- doing telemarketing...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: FREE Interactive Job-Seeker We...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: JDE Arch - CT - to 140k + bo...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Budgt Sys Anal/PMO Lead - P...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Support Equity Fin Tech - NY...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: WEDDLE's Newsletter: The Other...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: CAREEREALISM.com
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Career Rocketeer | The Career ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - Efective Minds
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 224
- [CNG] Digest Number 1788
- [WNO] Digest Number 347[1 Attachment]
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 387
- [itroundtable] Re: ASQ Six Sigma courses
- [itroundtable] Fw: RE: Supply Chain Visibility as ...
- [itroundtable] Free copy available of Napoleon Hil...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1787
- [WNO] Digest Number 346
- [itroundtable] New Jersey Department of Labor and ...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: 12 Days Left to Save 20% on IT...
- Re: [itroundtable] DeVry IT Work Group, 10/27/2009...
- [itroundtable] Service Manager - New York - Contr...
- [itroundtable] UX Designer - Jersey City - Respon...
- [itroundtable] Trading Systems Developer
- [itroundtable] Please respond directly to Robert P...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 223
- [WNO] Digest Number 345
- [CNG] Digest Number 1786
- [itroundtable] DeVry IT Work Group, 10/27/2009, 10...
- [itroundtable] FW: SAP FI Consultant-08686
- [itroundtable] Fw: Job Fair
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sybase DBA with Replication ...
- [itroundtable] Job Fair
- [itroundtable] VP of Systems Engineering position ...
- [itroundtable] Oct. 26th at 6:30pm Career Developm...
- [itroundtable] Great Places To Work - NJ
- [itroundtable] IBM is building a Smarter Planet an...
- [WNO] Digest Number 344
- [CNG] Digest Number 1785
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 386
- [itroundtable] NYTimes.com article on limitations ...
- [itroundtable] Network Specialist, NJ
- [itroundtable] **NNJASTD**CareerTransitionGroup**1...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 222
- [WNO] Digest Number 343[3 Attachments]
- [CNG] Digest Number 1784[2 Attachments]
- ▼ 10/18 - 10/25 (63)