Dear Friends --
Congress is poised to extend the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program, full funding of the Extended Benefits (EB) program, the extra $25 per week in benefits, and the COBRA subsidy before it leaves for the holiday recess. Though NELP and all other allies for the unemployed have called for a full-year extension, it looks now like there will be a 6 month extension at most. The plan is to attach the extension of these programs onto the Department of Defense bill, which is one that "must pass" before the end of the year. Right now, leadership in both Houses is working hard to ensure that the 6 month extension passes, but there is a possibility that it would only be a brief 2 month extension, and we have to continue fighting for a longer extension as soon as the new year starts. We know that you all need the security and peace of mind of at least a six month extension, so at this critical juncture it is important that you call your Representatives and Senators as soon as possible, and let them know that they MUST pass AT LEAST a 6 month extension of UI benefits and COBRA before they go home for the holidays.
You can use this toll free number, provided to us by the Coalition on Human Needs, to call the Congressional switchboard -- 1-888-245-0215. As for your Representative and Senators and make your voice heard loud and clear. We must show them how important this vote is to so many, and that it is unacceptable for them to go home for the holidays without making sure that unemployed workers and their families have the safety net they deserve.
So please make your calls NOW, and forward this action alert to your friends and family, asking them to make their voices heard as well. We appreciate all your hard work and effort, and apologize for the amount of emails you have received in the last couple of days.
All of us at NELP wish you a wonderful holiday season, full of love, health and happiness. And most importantly, we all hope that 2010 is a year that brings you wonderful jobs, and brings the country into strong economic recovery.
Your Friends at Unemployedworkers.
Andy, Andriette, Tiphany, Rick, Christine, George, Maurice, Debbie and Judy
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
[itroundtable] Action Required: Unemployment and COBRA Extensions
Dear Friends --
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (796)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
- ► 2010 (2984)
12/13 - 12/20
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 1999
- [itroundtable] DIRECTOR, Computer Operations - Hor...
- [itroundtable] Fw: National Accounts Manager- Heal...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Hd IT Infrastructure - CT - ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 1998
- [itroundtable] Fwd: [SMCNG] 12 Eye-Catching Resume...
- VB.NET Programmer
- [itroundtable] Fw: Support Tech Needed in Bethel C...
- [itroundtable] Fw: Pearson Education -Mastering Pr...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 1997
- [itroundtable] Fw: ## Chemistry Application Suppor...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 1996
- [itroundtable] Fw: Project Manager (PMP) Jersey Ci...
- [itroundtable] Action Required: Unemployment and C...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 1995
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NJ - to 80k
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sales Force.com cnsltnt - NJ...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Content writers - NJ - Phar...
- [itroundtable] Job Lead : Sr. SQL Developer
- [itroundtable] Fwd: NYTimes.com: Steps to Take Bef...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 1994
- [CNG] Digest Number 1837
- [WNO] Digest Number 400
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 412
- [itroundtable] Opportunity
- [itroundtable] Training Instructors in Egg Harbor ...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1836
- [WNO] Digest Number 399
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 264
- ▼ 12/13 - 12/20 (29)