|Director of Java Applications Developement - NYC, NY = $160,000 + 15% Bonus |
Hi - hope your doing well, just wanted to know if you wanted this role or know someone who might be a good fit.
This role is at a major Ecommerce Firm in NYC>
Pays - $160,000 + Bonus.
Title - Director.
SEND ME YOUR RESUME NOW = RSmith@InRhythm.com
(in a nut shell - this is what they want)
Someone who is directly managing a high performing Dev team is key, but also someone who could participate in sessions with our business partners.
Key technologies: JAVA stack, Adobe CQ (WCM), Hybris (ecomm) with consumer site experience.
Manager / Director of Java Applications Developement
• Lead an agile .Net engineering team of 8+ engineers.
• Establish clear career path / growth paths for all developers and coach them.
• Coach the developers to exceedingly meet business goals and deadlines.
• Be the hands-on leader. A programmer by background who wants to lead and coach developers.
• Keeps the developers motivated and engaged and position them for success. Someone who is a decision maker and can facilitate strong decisions rapidly that helps lead the organization in right direction. Not afraid of making tough decisions.
• Understands and communicate urgency - Gets developers to buy in and then deliver.
• Strongly compliments the VP of Engineering / CTO.
2. Self-management / Self Organization
• Coach the developers to work transparently and be collaborative with rest of the team members on a Scrum Team.
• Pro-actively monitor team communication and works closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and Technical Lead on known and hidden impediments.
Some of the issues in which the functional manager gets directly involved as it relates to Director of Engineering:
o Personal issues
o Technical debt stories
o Morale and motivation issues
o Training requirements
o Resource requests (hard-ware, software etc.)
o Space issues
3. Management Skills
• Ability to assess talent level of technical staff and make recommendations accordingly.
• Promote the professional identify and growth of developers.
• Assist in performance evaluation, career development, training, and motivation of technical development staff.
• Recruit, interview, and hire technical development staff.
• Hands on with proven track record of delivering product and leading by example
• Mentor technical development staff in design and coding techniques
• Manage development staff code reviews
• Work with the rest of the management on developer resource allocation for the projects.
4. Process / Quality
• Strong understanding of working in Agile and Lean environments where teams increasingly work in self-organized fashion with a flatter management layer
• Plan, organize, and oversee development of new releases and other modifications to the website
• Continually improve the development process, and quality and timeliness of releases
• Understand the value of writing unit-tested and maintainable code. Able to coach the teams on it.
• Coach the existing and new developers on practices of Agile as needed.
5. Team Builder
• Build, grow and sustain a high-performing A+ engineering team that serves the current and future growth needs.
• Excellent at building a deep bench of good candidates. Able to attract and retain A+ talent.
• Has good interviewing and coaching skills.
• Identify the growth needs of developers as required to deliver the road-map effectively and customize training programs.
• Partner with System architect, Director of QA, Director of Engineering to put the best cross-functional teams together.
6. Business /Product Focus
• Choose the right set of tools and technologies that are in line with the business needs.
• As a member of the broader engineering leadership team, contributes to process improvement and organizational evolution.
7. Technology Skills
• Ability to explain complex technical problems to non technical staff
• Experience working in Java environment
Live Long and Prosper my Friend....
Director, Talent Acquisition
InRhythm™ | Accelerating Market Value
Direct - 201.706.7005
MIS Ntwk Assoc Mtg Dates:
June 26th - Tues Reg Mtg - 6 pm - Berman Larson Kane Offices, Paramus - DO NOT use GPS for directions. Get dir from BLK site - Bring 15 copies of your resume
July 3rd - No mtg - Holiday
Oct 2 - Tues - Recruiter Night Out Dinner Mtg - Joe Gadino - Moderator SAP America
Messages in this topic (1)