CORE - ITES, Three Ravinia Drive, Ste 1900 Atlanta, GA 30346
Three Ravinia Drive, Ste 1900
Atlanta, GA 30346
(678) 916 5832 direct
(678) 254 1019 fax
Rate: $65/hr for C2C
Loc: New York City, NY
Duration : 12 + months
Project Manager, Level III (advanced 10 plus years of experience) with Platts, a Division of the Companies.
New York City.
Client is upgrading its Oracle Financial systems from Oracle 11i to r12 and assessing moving to a cloud environment.
Engagement and Reporting
Report to the Director of PMO and Technology Process and Governance
This project manager will be fully responsible for successful completion of defined scope, schedule, cost and quality of the project.
• Interface with customers and design, develop, test, and deploy Oracle ERP r12.
• Will follow a structured software development life cycle including requirements sign off, design, review, code review, system testing and user acceptance testing.
• Develop data conversion and testing strategies
• Train end users to use new processes or technology
• Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
• Defines project scope and secures stakeholder approval.
• Responsible for completing and uploading standard required artifacts to Platts project management information system called Power Steering.
• Manages the full project life cycle and associated project management deliverables for initiation, planning, control, execution and close.
• Identifies and manages risks to project execution throughout the project life cycle.
• Monitors and controls and reports on costs, schedule and scope according to standard processes.
• Manages issue resolution and escalation and change management processes.
• Leads project team and manages team performance.
• Manages stakeholder communication.
Education and Experience
• BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience with Oracle ERP and Oracle Development Tools
• Experience implementing Oracle ERP in a global, multi-country setting within a single instance
• Deep domain knowledge of accounting or financial systems
• Must be experienced in the use of application development life cycle process, application testing, and customer support
Experience and Skills
• Experience managing off shore development and QA teams in India.
• Minimum 10 years of direct project management experience with proven on schedule and budget performance.
• Successful stakeholder management, strong ability to define and implement corrective behaviors to mitigate risks, passion to succeed and ability to connect projects objectives to broader business and strategic goals.
• Experience managing small, medium and large projects across domains both in business (HR, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations) and IT (Infrastructure/Operations, Applications Development and Systems and IT Integration) and across industries including: computers/electronics, financial and information services, health care or pharmaceuticals.
• Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Must be able to actively collect and disseminate information in charters, scope documents and other standard deliverables.
• Must be able to follow Platts defined project life cycle based on Project Management Institute's PMBOK Guide or equivalent.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to influence and motivate others.
• Must be able to write charters, scope and other key documents and be proficient in schedule creation and tracking using MS-Project.
• Proficiency in Version Control Software (CVS, Sharepoint etc.)
• Must have experience managing projects successfully in a weak matrix environment.
• Strong detail orientation. Must be willing to do administrative duties like meeting minutes, tracking of issues, risks and decisions. etc.
• Must be a leader who can communicate effectively across functions to get work done.
• Must be able to manage a virtual team with members in multiple locations.
• Proven ability to write procedures and update flowcharts in Visio or Powerpoint.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
[itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - to 65/hr C2C - Oracle financials r12
Messages in this topic (1)
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 5:49 AM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (791)
06/24 - 07/01
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2796
- [WNO] Digest Number 1264
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 933
- [CNG] Digest Number 2631
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr BA - NJ - to 50/hr C2C - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Support Engineers - Xceedium...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Prog Mgr/PM - NJ/GA - to 55/...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: VP/Sr Process Engs - NY/GA/...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - Apps & Data - NJ - 6 mo...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Dir Java Devel - NYC - EComm...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: SR BA - PA - to 12mos gig - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Compliance Audit Mgr - VP Le...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2795
- [WNO] Digest Number 1263
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 932
- [CNG] Digest Number 2630
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Tech PM - NYC - Bank - Lo...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Oracle R12 Proj Acctg Fix As...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2794
- [WNO] Digest Number 1262
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - to 65/hr C2C - Ora...
- [itroundtable] BCNC 07.09.12 - Sheraton Mahwah - 5...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2629
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 931
- [WNO] Digest Number 1261
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Peoplesoft Leads - NJ - Con...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 930
- [CNG] Digest Number 2628
- [WNO] Digest Number 1260
- [CNG] Digest Number 2626
- [WNO] Digest Number 1259
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 787
- ▼ 06/24 - 07/01 (32)
- ► 2011 (2690)
- ► 2010 (2984)
- ► 2009 (1387)